a doula is a birthworker who gives continuous emotional,physical and informational support
to a woman during childbirth and labour


a doula has an objective perspective
that can assist a woman to make good decisions


a doula facilitates communication
between a woman, her partner, and clinical care providers


a doula nurtures and protects a woman's memory of her birth experience



The services I provide include:

2 prenatal visits: to discuss your expectations of labour and childbirth, become familiar with some physical comfort measures, work on preparing a birth plan

unlimited communication and consultation

24 hour availability for 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after due date

continuous care throughout labour, birth, and up to 2 hours postpartum-I will stay with you from as early in labour as you like, until up to 2 hours after your baby is born

support for the birth partner

advocacy and promotion of communication between parents and care provider

2 postpartum visits

initial breastfeeding support and neonatal care


contact me for more information:
citydoulas@gmail.com
416.556.7906

"ask me for strength and I will give not only my hand, but also my heart" unknown source